Escape Room Workshops
For ELL Students to Practice English Language Concepts
4 Stations: Grammar, Reading, Writing, and Speaking
Smaller groups allow for more interaction with the teacher and classmates for more actionable feedback and discussions.
- Each station will have clear objectives for the student groups.
Whole Class Instruction
- Teacher guided discussions and focused activity groups on grammar, annotation, writing, and speaking concepts.
- Game show activities for everyone at the beginning and end of class.
Concept Based Activities
Focus on learning activities at stations, including:
- Reading Comprehension
- Writing Responses to Prompts
- Grammar Rules and Concepts
- Speaking During the Final Game Show
- Teachers move between stations to assist students, checking for understanding, and giving feedback (compliments and suggestions).
- Teachers also lead whole group discussions and whole class activities.
Stations Are Rooms
Escape from all the rooms by completing the puzzle there, with your team, and finish the game.